Medean is a peer-to-peer financial planner that enables users to manage their finances and compare spending to people with similar age, income, location and gender. Our solution takes a new approach to personal finance by utilizing the power of social proof, giving people incentives to find out where they stand and improve their financial wellbeing. Our mission is to decentralize the financial services industry and unbundle banks by crowdsourcing advice. We value transparency, accountability and community and have a strong belief that anyone can improve their financial situation.
About the Position
Our internship program is a great opportunity for students looking to get hands-on experience with a seed-funded startup. You will have the opportunity to come in and make key decisions that will impact the initial version of our platform. This is a great chance for students to explore the startup world first hand. We will provide a fast-paced learning environment for students to develop valuable skills that will position them for success.
· Research market and competitive landscape to understand the concept; define potential user-base
· Test the current prototype and website with potential users to get feedback on the current design and functionality
· Utilize research and feedback to modify existing and/or create new UI/UX wireframes, user flows, and designs
· Create content and designs for email, newsletters, social media, blogs, website and other components of Medean’s products
· Build and maintain style guides and templates
· Develop marketing strategies and campaigns to increase awareness and grow early sign-ups
· Final project: Brainstorm and ideate new concepts for the platform; pitch to ownership and CTO for inclusion in v.2 of the platform
· You have a keen understanding of how users think and what their needs are
· Proven interest working and learning more about startups
· Capable of working in a fast-paced, competitive environment
· Strong foundational knowledge of layout, color, grids, icons, typography, proportion, and photography
· Able to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively
· Knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, InVision
· Strong attention to detail, organization, communication
· Career expanding experience and on the job learning opportunities
· Option to attend entrepreneurship and tech networking events
· River North office location with amenities and perks such as in building gym, unlimited coffee and tea, local beer on tap, pet-friendly policy, bike and car parking, and outdoor terrace for a fun summer work area.
· Possible full-time opportunity
Erik Skjodt (email@example.com)